WGEA Publishes Five New Reports
As the Work Plan period 2020-2022 is coming to an end, the INTOSAI WGEA is proud to publish its five final Work Packages. These Work Packages focus on five different thematic areas:
- Work Package 2 on Auditing Plastic Waste presents audit cases and possible audit questions for auditing plastic waste with a focus on Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 12 on responsible consumption and production.
- Work Package 3 on Auditing Climate Finance focuses on assessing progress towards SDG Target 13.a on climate finance and conducting performance audits on this topic.
- Work Package 4 Auditing Sustainable Transport aims to provide an understanding of SDG 11 on sustainable cities and communities and to identify suitable audit approaches for this topic.
- Work Package 5 on Auditing Sustainable Development Goals explores policy coherence and multi-stakeholder engagement and suggests a move towards a whole-of-society approach to sustainable development.
- Summary of Work Packages 2-5 aims to enhance the understanding of the Environmental SDGs presented in the other Work Packages as well as interlinkages between them.
These Work Packages have been a true demonstration of the hard work of our member SAIs and especially our Work Package Leaders. We hope that these publications will enhance our common understanding of these five thematic areas and hopefully help SAIs and auditors in upcoming auditing activities. Most of all, we hope you enjoy reading them.
Find all five Work Packages here.